Oeufs en cocotte with black garlic and toast
Preheat oven to 180C
- A handful of freshly washed and dried young spinach leaves
- A little softened unsalted butter for cooking the leaves, buttering the dish in which to cook the egg and for dotting on top
- 1 clove of Black Garlic, peeled and chopped
- A large fresh egg
- 2 tbsp double cream
For the Black Garlic Herb Butter
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cloves of black garlic, peeled and pounded
- 20 gr or 2 tbs mixed chopped fresh chives, parsley and tarragon zest of a lemon
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare the Black Garlic Herb Butter, blend all together either using a food processor, a small blender or by hand.
- This can be rolled into a sausage in cling film and kept in the fridge or freezer like this and can be sliced as and when required.
- Butter a ramekin or French style ovenproof egg dish.
- Cook the spinach with a little butter in a non-stick pan with the garlic and season lightly.
- Arranging in the bottom of the prepared dish (draining first if necessary), leaving a space for the egg.
- Break the egg into the middle, seasoning with salt and pepper
- Spoon over the cream, dot with butter and a little grated parmesan if desired.
- Bake in the oven for about 7 minutes until the white is set and the yolk still runny.
- Serve with crusty toast soldiers spread with Black Garlic Herb Butter.
Enjoy your meal!