Preperation Time: 25 minutes | Bake Time: 50 – 65 minutes | Servings: 4-6
- 4 large baking potatoes, washed and dried
- Olive oil
- 8 pieces thick-sliced bacon
- 2 black garlic cloves
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil to coat skins. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 55-65 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Cool until easy to handle.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 15 minutes or until crispy and brown.
- Remove bacon and crumble; set aside.
- Add onion; cook, covered, over medium-high heat for 20 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Cut a thin slice off top of each potato lengthwise; using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4″ thick shells.
- In a medium bowl, combine potato pulp, butter, and cream cheese. Using a potato masher, mash potato mixture until butter and cream cheese are melted.
- Add reserved bacon, onion, black garlic, 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, green onion, salt, and pepper; stir to combine well.
- Spoon potato mixture into potato shells.
- Return filled shells to prepared baking sheet. Return potatoes to oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with additional crumbled bacon and green onion if desired.
Enjoy your meal!